Fried kimchi rice prepared before your very eyes. No proper halal option so choose vegetarian or seafood option.
Seoul, South Korea 2013
This is honestly a blog entry way overdue since last year. It was a week long trip together with my in laws and no, it was not terrible. In fact, it was uh-may-zing!!
We booked our flight with AirAsiaGo for 5 adults and 2 infants at the time.
We went during Autumn so the weather was just fine for the kids and our dear warga emas = elderly. I decided to just summarize the Top 20 things I l.o.v.e.d doing in Seoul.
- Eat Kimchi. Enjoy the pickled radish too. Its delicious for a side dish. Enjoy other Korean delicacies as well.
- Listen to K-Pop music or any other Korean artists. I was really into Lessang at the time since I was overly infatuated with Kang Gary through his appearances on the Korean variety show – Running Man. I bought one of his albums as a souvenir to bring back home.
- Immerse in Korea’s history at the war museum. It was a sad and harrowing time for them yet inspiring as the Koreans manage to build back their country and stand on its own two feet in less than a century.
- Lodge at a comfortable Bed & breakfast. Experience the interestingly insulated wooden floors beneath your feet as you walk in the room with your bare feet.
- Walk with Seoul. Or if you (more like the kids) are exhausted, use the super efficient public transports. All one needs is the Travel Card.
- Order your meal/ticket in Korean language. Greet someone as a start. They get super excited seeing tourists speak the language. They take pride in their language.
- Purchase specialised merchandise – Korean silk, brooch and accessories, their cutlery, seaweed, kimchi!!
- Wear a Hanbok and take a family photo.
- Send a postcard to yourself from Seoul Tower.
- Smile to an elderly – shake the hands of the young.
- Frequent the numerous coffee shops – consider making yourself a Coffee Pasport if you intend to stay in Seoul for a long time.
- And if you’re sick of coffee, have a banana milk instead
- Taste the spicy Korean food and be prepared to drink lots and lots of plain cold water.
- In Nami Island, take a picture with the breastfeeding lady and her two children.
- Get beautiful with the specially formulated BB Creams, lip tints and face maskers. I then realized that Etude House was a Korean brand.
- In Everland theme park – be a kid. Why so serious huh?
- Perform the Salah at Korea’s National Mosque at Itaewon
- Lock your own love padlock at Seoul Tower.
- Snap lots of pictures at the 3D Trick eye museum
- Take the cruise ship along the River Han – very relaxing with hot coffee on board.
What did you enjoy doing?
Once a year, go to some place you’ve never been before – Dalai Lama
COMING SOON : THE TRIP TO SEOUL
It was a great week.
New food, met new people, learnt history and different customs.
My fav food this month is KIMCHI. Even a smile on a photo can be generated with the word KIMCHI.