” She is going through a phase. She will be out of it soon..”
Familiar remark. Heard in almost every household in the world. Even now as an adult, I still go through certain phases in my life cycle. While there is a baseline mood phase which swings from calm to wild/ easily irritable to depressed – I also have an Interest phase which sways from gaming to diligent reading. Some recognizable phases include;
- Gaming – There’d be a time when I would just play Candy Crush one after the other or Farm Frenzy. I would actively build rooms in my Fun Hospital and earn some money via my Hotel. Or I would just do a re-run on Boboiboy and see how much points I could gather until my next death, leaping from one place to another.
- Shopping – this is a dangerous stint as I would just shop and shop through various apps. It could be a makeup related stuff I need on Althea Korea. Another fujifilm instax pack or some rare food item on Shopee. Very rarely something from Fashion Valet but it can happen.
- Studious phase – this usually happens after a particular course or a meeting with my specialist. I would be motivated to study and will sit through lots of online modules at one go. I would make notes. Highlight points. Do a quiz. Sometimes creating a power point presentation just in case I feel like doing some teaching/sharing about a topic.
- Youtube binge watching – as of recently I have been hooked onto videos involving Mukbang (but not those ugly , hurried, gelojoh ones), Korean Cafe Vlogs, anything involving journaling, new music videos like Hari Ini by HaeYang couple and short clips of Kdrama.
- Blogging – once in a blue moon I ‘d be able to write a few blog drafts at once, ready to be published on their supposed dates. I really like it when that happens for I feel so productive then. I would be making nice IG Stories using the Unfold or Canva app. I would fine tune my pictures using Snapseed or Pixlr. Occasionally, when I feel really creative I would use Zoetropic. I edit my videos for Youtube using Kinemaster instead of Movavi. *remind me to invest in a good camera once I get the hang of shooting & editing videos on top of my already busy schedule. I try to participate more as a butterfly blogger ( in telur stage still) but time and kids are a restraint for now. Ha ha.
- Reading – When the bookworm spirit drops by, I could finish reading a book in less than a week.I feel this is partly influenced by my workload in my daily job and who was my partner at work. If my partner reads, I am more likely to read.
- I don’t give a damn – as much as I try to avoid it, this phase almost always will appear before my first day of menses. Everything irritates me. I hate the world. I hate my husband. If it gets really bad, sometimes I’d be thinking of getting a divorce just because he didn’t put the bread back into its container or put the trash out. Or when he squeezed the toothpaste the wrong way!!! I will also hate my patients and not bother on further empathetic counseling if he/she refuses insulin for a badly controlled diabetes. “I don’t want insulin!” , the patient would say. “OK. See you in 2 weeks. here is you prescription. Goodbye” I would respond. But of course when I see the patient in 2 weeks, I would feel much better and talk more so that patient would understand why they need insulin.
- Religious – I would watch every single Islamic video on Youtube. I would start reading my sirah books. I would recite my Quran more and memorize more dua. Again,this is another rare moment. I am always deceived by the ‘no time’ devil and tend to put off any good, positive religious-like activity. It can be something simple like a prayer and all.
- K Drama – once I get hold of a nice series or movie, I would be hooked onto it until it ends. I watch them on Viu for a monthly fee of Rm8.00 so that I wouldn’t have to watch the interrupting adds. Viu does not host all KDramas especially the ones shown on Netflix, but never the less the options are still equally good.
- Beauty & self care – I love this phase but it doesn’t come by every often. This would be the time when I’d be dolling myself up with mascara or a lipstick which is bolder than my usual colours. I would wear heels or sport a different colour tudung everyday. At night, I would lather myself with moisturiser or sleep with a face mask. In short, the goddess in me is awakened (for a while).
Do you have a phase you’d like to share with me? Comment down below 🙂