As usual, I am oncall on Eid. This time its the 2nd day of EID. Despite that, preparations are still ongoing for the big day. We will be going over to my MILs house on the first and then to my moms on the 3rd.
I have yet to master the art of cooking rendang and kuih kacang. So not domestic but it’s OK.. I pun merancang nak beraya kat rumah orang. HA ha ha. Although cooking Eid culinary dishes is not my main forte, I still make it a point to prepare other things like;
- Parcel Kasih Sayang – This is a must every year to my girls of Sharoe Green Lane and Lily Tensai. The list is tremendously growing as I include more people that matters a lot in my life into the list. This personal tradition started when I was in medical school and I enjoyed putting up these gift parcels so much that I decided to do it at least once a year.
- Duit Raya – to the many nephews and nieces of my siblings and cousins, friends children, staff’s kids and of course my favourite, warded kids during Eid. Which is one of the reasons why I don’t get sad for being oncall on that day. I don’t give out a lot but I’m sure the sick kids would enjoy the money packet design more than my RM2 in the envelope.
- Kuching trip – I try to visit my relatives in Kuching every year. Be it during Eid or otherwise. I have been drafting my list of souvenirs and kuih lapis recipients. LOL. It’s an annual gesture as a little ambassador of my state Sarawak. And of course a little Thank You for letting me take a long leave to go back home.
Then there’s the usual cleaning and stuff. HUhu. Thank God post-raya Mr Husband is on his semester break. So he will foresee most of the house chores and initiate our Projek Mega for the house. yeay..
Another set of parcels outgoing for the girls in the Wanita Besi Eropah group. Ha ha ha.
- A pouch I bought from Sarawak – can be made into a pencil case or a makeup bag
- Elianto facial sheet mask
- Lactacyd feminine wipes
- Elianto eye glitter and lip balm
- Paper clip bookmarks
- KUPON CINTA edisi khas Minci
- Pencils for the kids
- Handmade Breast Cancer Awareness brooch and Organ Donation shawl pin
I wanted to include some special tea but I forgot. Ha ha. And I decorated every single envelope. He he..
I think every week should have 3 weekend days. The first day of weekend will be camouflaged with you going to a course or something. So it’ll be a somewhat productive weekend. The middle day for you to rest or spend time with the family. Whilst the final day is to pick up on leftover chores and make prep for work.
So today, the 2nd day.. was my liburan day – berpoya2 and have fun. I get to wear fancy makeup and shop for nonsense. We wanted to watch a movie but nothing awesome with the correct timing was on. Most were at times coinciding with the calls of prayer which was kind of inappropriate. Yes, we could have solat at the mall but takpelah.. we rather do it at home. We’re a very
cheapskate sedentary couple sometimes. We could only walk certain number of steps. I think we stop at 5000 steps and groan of tiredness.
I bought a new eyeliner from Hermo.Com the other day. It was from a Korean brand, MISSHA, which I have grown accustomed to as I loved their BB Foundation Cream a lot. I have been using the foundation since 2013 and getting em supplies online. Prior to this particular eyeliner, I have tried from Maybelline but they have discontinued that particular line I liked, plus Datuk Siti Nurhaliza was not their product ambassador anymore.
The MISSHA eyeliner is marvelous. It washes off with water!! Taking ablution with it has never been easier. it costs a fraction of what Sugarbelle cosmetics are selling at right now but the x-factor seems similar. It peels off easily without smudging your complexion. Pretty much like you lekat gam rona itam rah mata and kopek nya.
I also played around with The Sugarbelle Cosmetics Nude Range. Mocha Dream is my new favourite now. The pigments are not that heavy and it reminds me of the Papaya Colour lipstick I used to wear during my medical school days.
Coincidently there was an Elianto Warehouse sale at Dataran Pahlawan today. Im not a fan but my sister is.. So I got her some stuff simply because I love her. 😛
I also got extra face mask and that lippie balm + eye glitter as goodies in my Parcel Kasih Sayang. Can’t wait to decorate the envelopes and post them off.
As of tomorrow, it will be a designated day for grocery shopping and preparing slides for an Organ Donation talk next week. I just hope I am not PM Shift on that particular day. I would be so disappointed. Like, very. And then I tak mau kawan you.
These parcels are my token of love and friendship to these girls. Who are professionals in their own field expanding their career. Who are also Mothers and Wives in their own rights. I hope to do this every year for as long as I live. So they know that they’ll always have someone to lean on in times of despair. And so their children may also get to know an aunt that goes by the name of Minci.
This year’s goodies include;
- a recyclable Kungfu Panda shopping bag
- a kaftan I bought from Tganu for aktiviti mantai
- empty money packets
- 2 facial masks in prep for Eid
- and Eid card with surprise stuff for the kids
Outgoing tomorrow!! With postcards for postcrossing!!!
Imagine dragging yourself to work because you didn’t get enough rest over the weekend and suddenly.. TADA... 2 parcels were there on your work table ready to be unwrapped and explored.
My first parcel came from a good friend – Kakjet. Previously as part of my ‘parcel kasih sayang project’, I have been sending her and 3 other ladies the occasional goodies parcel just so you know – make them happy. The contents range from books, shawls, food or silly stuff like pencil cases, pens etc.. I wasn’t expecting anything in return because I’ve been doing it for years now, hence it does come as a surprise to receive a cute little parcel from her. With a note from her son and daughter!
Full of skincare products .. and a shawl. Perhaps she is a fan of the Melaleuca product – I am keen to try that soap which is packaged like a chocolate bar and the lip balm (it smells so nice)
And haruslah tak sabar nak try shawl purple yang baru.. muekekeke
My second parcel was from an Instagram Seller : OwnDesignBook
I’ve heard good reviews about her service through friends who ordered their personalized notebooks from her. The only catch is you have to wait as most of her items are pre-ordered. To be honest, I don’t mind.
Some positive reviews online;
Planner 2016 by Sofie Adie
Birthday present – Nabila Medan
Custom Made Book – Syira Lokman
I ordered the Stickers Package Set at RM65 including postage. I placed my order through Watsapp which she replied promptly. After making the necessary payments online, I sent her ‘proof of payment’ to her email and basically wait. And tawakal.
The items arrived within the next two weeks and she was very kind to inform me when she delivered the package together with the tracking number.
Now I have enough stickers to last me for at least a year!!!