I think I spent more on my sister than my nephew when it comes to filling the Baby Care box. Love her loads.
Things I bought for my sister;
- Loads of parenting magazines
- Milk booster formula
- Nipple pad
- Breast Milk Storage Bags
- A new headscarf
- Nursing pillow
The new nephew
- A newborn set of clothes, caps and mitten (kinda like.. thats it)
- Mini shoes
- Angpow for Tabung Haji
The infants big brother
- TOBOT pyjamas
- A set of dayclothes
- A colouring and activity book featuring BOboiBoy
One can become a mother to say, 7 children but in truth every pregnancy and birth is different with every little munchkin that comes with it. My younger sister experienced another failed induction of labor – so on top of contraction pains, she also had to endure the postoperative pain of her Cesarean section. She also had a hilarious embarrassing moment with a male House Officer (HO).. ha ha.
Since we live a few states away, I could only manage some intense dua and ‘acts of deeds’ on her name and my sister in laws name ( who is also expecting a baby in the same week) … hoping that Allah will reward these deeds or Sedeqah by bestowing upon them His Blessings with a smooth and safe delivery.
Alhamdulilah.. my two ladies pulled through.
It took me the entire weekend to construct my very own Care Package for one of my besties who is due to give birth soon. Previously, I have been sending my other besties gifts from Diaper Cake & Such. This time I wanted to give this gift my special touch. So I decided to make my very own Care Package. Another Projek Parcel Kasih Sayang from MinciSensei.Com.
Things that I took in consideration included;
- Things that I would personally be grateful for if say, I were to give birth to my second child. LOL.
This dear friend of mine currently resides in Kuching. I had known her when I was a houseman in my first posting in the obstetric department. We were many characters apart. she was boisterous, loud and confident with her short hair. I was the quiet,
cute, ant-y type with a tudung. Amazingly, our unlikely friendship kicked off and by time we got to MO-Ship.. we actually went to Bali together for a short trip and did reckless, silly, sinful, undocumented things. Perghhh..
Inevitably, we began to drop out from each others radar for a while after I got married and moved to Malacca. I did not even know she got married after that!!! Speaking of being friends… H aha. Anyway, social media brought us together and soon enough I hear news of a ‘rockstar’ due to pop out.
In the package, I have included more of the Mom’s Things as opposed to baby stuff. In welcoming a new member of the family, people tend to remember the New and less of the existing member. Thus, I kind of paid more attention to what the mother might need.
In the box we have;
- Reading Materials : I gave her my own recent copy of the Readers Digest and a book entitled Bringing Up Bebe for her reading pleasure is she needs it. The book was supposed to be a good book illustrating how French Women raised their children to be civil, well behaved little humans. I did not get past the 2nd chapter of the book as i felt the font was too crampy.
- Personal hygiene stuff for herself and baby ; Cotton buds, wipes, masks (special edition Oppa Gangnam Style), magic towels, cleanser samples and nail clippers from Cambodia.
- Accessories : Being a mother does not downgrade any woman to being ugly fugly. I included a mini fan to kipas herself during those hot heated moments of confinement.
- Stationaries in a pencil case : Not that she really needs it but Confinement tends to unleash the shopaholic in you especially ONLINE shopping – she would need some pen and paper to jot things down.
- Food and beverages : Cause you never know when you’ll become hungry in the middle of the night and the only thing you can have is water. LOL.
- For Baby : a birthday card and a comfy blanket so he’ll remember his Aunty Keciko in Malacca. Kiss kiss.
I hope she likes it. Now I just have to remember to ship it.