I have always thought that Altruism is a mandatory value for a doctor. Unfortunately, it is not and upon realizing that, I felt so disappointed with the selfishness of some individuals who calls themselves doctors. Most of them nowadays are looking out more for themselves than for collective good.
Berkira dalam bekerja
“Not my programme, I am going to ignore every single thing about it”
“I don’t give a shit about what is happening at the other part of the clinic”
“Not my patient, don’t know, don’t care”
“Aku tak tau.. aku tak tau.. tanya Si Polan”
The last sentence was very very disappointing. Takkanlah tak sedar apa2 when you are sat right next to the person? Or at least make an effort to know what is happening around you. How can they live with themselves like that? How ignorant can a person get? Do I need to spell out ‘have a heart’ all the time.. ?
At this age, it seems that my meekness is still a weak point in my personality. Consequently I get manipulated but still find it difficult to speak up for myself. Ntahlah.. maybe because the end point of my service is that the patient is well taken care off. Perasaan sendiri belakang kira. I try not to play victim cause nobody is interested to hear anybody whine about anything but sometimes when you suppress these disappointments over a long period of time, you can feel the rage boiling within.
I also realize that I am bound to meet people with similar traits at any place I choose to work. Having said that, it is still up to me on how I choose to deal with the issue. I hope my psychology classes will help me understand these sort of behaviour. If I am lucky, I could initiate a change in behaviour either at my end or the other persons end of things.
Psychology is to
I came to know about this service during a scroll on Instagram. It was a video by Cupcake Aisyah making a review on her perfume choice with this company. Plus she had a code that entitled me to 10% off my first purchase. I guess I was sold by these points;
- The perfume line up they have in the luxe and non luxe category – the choices were wow
- I can manage my subscription to pause whenever I like or terminate my subscription anytime I want. This means that if I am kind of short on cash for that month, I can just skip that month. Or I am just not up for perfume anymore.
- It’s like getting a sample monthly (8ml) without having to commit to a big bottle. Knowing myself, if I suddenly hate the smell of the perfume, I am most likely to just give it away. I did it once when I bought that tabacco-ish scent from Body Shop a few years ago. It smelled okay in the store but got a bit weird once it is in my home. HA ha ha. So yes, this monthly plan seems to suit my style of purchase.
I chose the Luxe package. The price is RM59.90 per month. Therefore, the perfume options are slightly on the higher tier in the fragrance industry. Miss Dior sold out, as expected. I was a bit lost on which ones to choose but after reading several reviews I decided to put my money on Hermes Le Jardin De Monsieur Li EDT.
I was sold on the part where one reviewer puts it as
It makes you feel like a CEO
Indeed. It does give off that vibe. It is also a unisex fragrance which is something I like – a masculine-ish scent on my body. LOL. I am not really a fan of very floral, sweet like scents. Nor do I love those hard core male perfume although some do smell nice. However, what started as a strong presence of power pretty much softened after a few hours, even to yourself. Sometimes I forget I am still using this EDT. Which probably explains why you need to spray it for about 3 times a day to keep it on you for the whole day. After all, it is an EDT.
I bought my husband the Body Shop Athletic fragrance once which is nice. I should get him that for his birthday. But I am thinking of getting a sample from my packages unisex fragrance line for his upcoming birthday. I still cannot get over my most favourite perfume from some time ago – Ralph Lauren Style. It is hard to move on from that but the product have been discontinued. I still keep the near empty bottle in my safe keeping box. It was a gift from my friend, Mimie. Every once in a while when I missed my life before marriage and employment, I would lift the lid of the bottle and take a sniff of its faint smell. It was a carefree world where I could sleep for hours and eat without the worry of getting fat.
I have a code for 10% off (Malaysian subscribers only) – no one took it up. ha ha ha.
Only take criticism from people who you’d ask advice from..
Here I am on a public holiday doing my revision, preparing for tomorrow’s vaccination drive and minding the two kids in the comfort of my own home. Thankfully, the husband is buying pizza for Iftar today which means I don’t have to cook. I just need to prepare drinks and plan simple meals for Sahur tomorrow. I am thinking of fried rice.
My mental noise is interrupting me every now and then with thoughts of how people will perceive this when they see this tomorrow. Harsh critics as we know is poison to one’s success. Maybe a supplement to some. There seems to be a trend that when you decide to do something good or different, there will be a few people who adopts the crabs in a bucket mentality.
Semua salah. Tak seragam. Tak ikut SOP and god knows what else.
I am hoping for a favourable response but I am kind of prepared for the crabs to come and try to pull me down.
Alhamdulilah for being able to meet Ramadhan again next year. As usual, I am making plans to ensure that I have a productive Ramadhan for myself and my family. Some of my plans include;
- Making meal plans – most of the days, Sahur will be just me and my son whilst Iftar will be us 3, including my daughter. My husband is working in Johor at the moment. My MIL lives 5 mins away so we could easily have our Iftar with them too. As for meals, I have stocked up on my fresh produce in the freezer, my instant cooking paste and canned food. I am not thinking of cooking complicated dishes, just simple ones to whet the appetite and fill in the empty stomach. I still want my kids to know the feeling of those without food and prevent food wastage.
- Terawikh – this year it is at home again. I think it has always been at home for me ever since I gave birth to my first born. Perhaps I’d only get the chance to visit the musolla when the kids have grown up. Yet, I enjoy the terawikh at home because it is comfortable and I could perform the prayer in my own pace.
- Khatam Quran – the momentum tends to get disrupted once I get my period. I will try harder this year .. ha ha
- Read more – I am still on my ‘revelation’ book since many Ramadhan ago. It is a very thick book and is quite a challenge to read but I hope to make some progress until I am 40.
- Giving gifts – I used to send parcel kasih sayang to my friends. It seems that the practice has dwindled down due to time restrictions of going to the post office and sending them. Perhaps I can order through Shopee and send them to their home addresses instead. Come to think of it, that does seem to be a good idea.
Getting a Ramadhan ready house means not only getting the house cleaned up but setting it up so it would be ibadat friendly. Declutter the living room and activity room, kondo-ing old clothes, recycling boxes or plastic bottles, setting up a prayer area, getting out the nice cutleries for Ramadhan etc. I am so glad I bought the S6 Roborock. It helped me a lot with the maintenance cleaning. I still need to clean the windows myself. Maybe I’ll do the heavier part of cleaning during my period. LOls.
Apart from that, I am also organizing an Iftar buffet with my work colleagues. This year we are settling on Chatterz Cafe at Hatten Hotel. It costs about RM78 per adult pax and half for children aged 5 and above. We wanted to include friends in other department but no one responded. I am actually not a fan for all this gathering but I thought I’ll make an exception for this one.
I am taking Akurit-2 & Pyridoxine. My regime will be completed by the end of next week at Day 90.
I experienced mild nausea during the first few days on the meds. It reminds me of the bad morning sickness I had in my 2nd pregnancy. My urine did turn a hue of red and orange in the immediate 2-3 hours after swallowing the pills. Initially, I had thought that it would take me a few days to develop that sign. I also had horrible flu-like symptoms which is unpleasant to have during this pandemic. Coincidentally we had staff screening at the clinic that same week using the RTK-Antigen. I tested NEGATIVE for Covid-19.
I noticed I had nightmares too in the first week. I had horrible dreams of Covid-19, dengue fever and other weird disease management. Not sure if it is an after-effect of stress at work or the meds. I did not have insomnia. Instead, I have terrible somnolence. It was as bad as taking Actifed for my occasional runny nose. I did not experience major peripheral neuropathy (so far). My liver function was monitored at 2 weeks and 2 months after starting the treatment. So far, it has been normal.
The paramedic in-charge of my regime allowed me to bring home 2 weeks supply of the medicine. I don’t have to take it at the same time everyday but it would be helpful to stick to one. Akurit-2 is best taken on an empty stomach for better absorption unlike pyridoxine where you can take it at anytime you want. Obviously, I take them together.
I have had people asking me if this would KILL ALL THE TB BACTERIA in my body.
The thing is, Medicine is never 100% guaranteed. There is always a small percentage of patients that will still have active TB one day. On my part, I am doing this for myself, my family and the people around me. I also took my Pfizer vaccine shot whilst on the treatment. I did not experience any major side effects from being on the regime and taking the vaccine. Yes, I did have malaise and a mild fever 24 hours after the 2nd dose of Pfizer but that’s it. Now I feel fine.
Cost of treatment for latent TB
As a Malaysian citizen, I only need to pay RM1 for registration and for every visits to see my attending doctor. I have had two visits. That means on top of the initial RM1, I am paying another RM2. My blood works are FREE. My consultation fee is FREE. My medicine is FREE.