If ever I was accused of a crime or being Missing In Action (M.I.A) – I can’t really prove that I was at a particular place or time you know. As an alibi. Like these fabulous, happy moments. Where I’m supposed to be there but not really obvious. HIhihi.
*Photos copied from friends facebook pages*
A surprise birthday wish to a colleague. Kinda lured her into the resuscitation area, asking if she treated the fake patient earlier of the day and enquired what the hell went wrong!. It worked and we celebrated with a cake from Secret Recipe.
I was there. I did not take the photo. But I was there.
Then there’s this moment where we had Iftar together at work. It was a quiet day and we managed to sit together at the table. Well I joined in a bit late because a patient who had a so called headache from 5PM decided to come to ED at 7PM near Iftar time to be seen. I thought he needed serious attention but it turned out he only wanted a Medical Certificate. WHATTTTTTT??? He came to Casualty just for a minor headache with no signs of increased intracranial pressure and normal vital signs!!!
Again, I was there. I did not take the photo. But I was there.
And this took place last night. A mini get-together at a nearby hotel to break our fast. I had to leave early because
I have mata ayam Ee goes to bed latest by 9PM and the last thing I want to do is carry him to the parking lot. The food at Bayview Hotel was not too bad. Loved the meat and the potato salad. I wished there were more room in my stomach for more bowls of cendol. But I was full and on the brink of having a gastro-regurgitation. We paid RM59/pax for adults and RM39/pax for kids over the age of 4.
A last shoutout : I was there. I did not take the photo. But I was there. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA.
So yeah, I make a terrible criminal.
A glitch happened in our duty roster recently. Our superior decided to you know, arrange the shift until early next month. Which included weekend calls and such. So names were placed inside these slots without consulting the intended person first. I like to believe that it was an innocent mistake as it has happened to another colleague before – I wasn’t expecting to be that person at the receiving end this time. If I’d knew the roster would include the first few days of the following month, I would have submitted my request for that month as well. KAN?!!!
Although the bigger boss did say that request are merely requests and not necessarily fulfilled – at least tanyalah kan… especially when plans have been made way earlier. So there I was in deep shit. Like OMG – how do I wiggle out of this…
My first thought was HOW DO I TELL MY HUSBAND?!!! Especially when he has given me notice and a copy of his ‘attachment letter’ like really early so I could ‘plan things out’. My second naive thought was “I AM SURE PEOPLE CAN SWAP WITH ME IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE”. Because that was how I reacted to a friend who suffered from the roster before – I told her I had nothing planned on that weekend and pooofff.. problem solved in less than 10 minutes the roster was up on the whiteboard.
Well.. well… well.. Minci. You forgot there’s only 1 Minci and even after 2 weeks of ‘lelong-ing’ the call – no one was available (yet!) to take it up. I had to ask myself WHY oh WHY?!!
- Its a weekend call and people always have social commitments on that day including myself (if only the boss asked first, right?) #iamstillangrywithmyboss
- Everyone is expecting another person to help out
Everyone hates me and hence I should suffer
- God is punishing me for something – like eating those leftover cekodok in the pantry. They were seriously LEFTOVERS!!.
Still.. it was interesting to experience how people responded to my plea;
- Some apologized face to face and laid out their reasons ( I totally understand – thank you for telling me) while others privately messaged me which was equally nice
- Some kept mum – which either means they are still open to be last resort options but looking at who is willing to take up the offer first or they just don’t read their Watsapp messages. HAHAHA.
- Some gave crazy ideas which in turn made me more crazy when it comes to brainstorming on self-inflicted harm – like do back to back calls in return for a swap, or get a bus to my supposed vacation destination postcall ALONE and risk suffering the silent treatment from Mr Husband. Now I’m not sure if the intention was to help or if they enjoy seeing me get all
cute and e.m.o.t.i.o.n.a.l
wish the worst for the boss. neh – skipped the option.
But this glitch did taught me certain things;
- To always take two steps further than your superior. So if boss needs to know your leave request for next month- you give them a heads up 6 MONTHS IN ADVANCE! #iamstillangrywithmyboss
- More brains are better than one – at least you know who is sillier. Its still me.. DARN.
- It never hurts to ask the same person twice. Might appear pushy but approach with a different solution rather than the same one. Then you could at least expect a different response.
- Some people really don’t read group Watsapp messages. HAHAHA.
- I’m not the workaholic that I once was anymore. Well.. to a lesser degree nowadays. I feel the need to show Allah that He can bless me with another child as I intend to care for my family the best that I could. Muekekeke..
- The process of solving problems can be quite funny if you’re in the company of similar-minded people. Sometimes I laugh at myself though.
So, lets give a toast to PROBLEMS. To everybody else.
PS : I managed to have someone replace me on that doomed day. That colleague is getting lots of fridge magnets when I come back from my trip.
What used to be common sense – is now a trait that has to be actively ‘educated’ into the minds of citizens nowadays. What happened to basic manners and etiquette? Worse still – announcing yourself like a senior citizen/adult but carries him/herself like a child! Screaming, shouting, name shaming publicly .. not to mention those limited edition words of profanity and abuse.
And sometimes these group of people are those who hold powerful positions in the community/society. They set the rules and you, by hook and crook would have to obey that. Inevitably the 7 deadly sins always seems to find a way to penetrate relationships or organizations and cripple everything in a horrendous tumble.
So while it can be challenging or difficult to topple down Evil. I think we should take every measure possible to not be dragged into the devils politics and be a positive person.
I’m an avid fan of Kindness. No matter how small. Because it not only makes you feel good but it infects the people around you as well. Kindness can come in the form of a small nod of encouragement. A sincere smile. A helping hand. A motivating speech. A listening ear. A shoulder to cry on. The single best audience for a veteran bands comeback. A love song. A warm meal. A cold drink. A penny for the vending machine. A telephone number for a job prospect. A surprise parcel at times when you’re not expecting it. A ‘good luck’ card. A minute to exchange ‘hi’. A picture together.
We rise by lifting others
My new year started with a personal health scare – I’m still trying not to panic although I could sense Mr Husband having his own concerns. I’m just waiting for the signs and symptoms to kind of phase out and hopefully could attribute it to a normal aging process.If it doesn’t, I can imagine my whole year confined in a private hospital bed simply because I don’t want people to know. Urghh
My resolution this year does not fall far from the Tree of Empowerment.
- To keep educating myself be it in the knowledge surrounding my field of work, my hobbies and general stuff – this will involve a lot of reading and taking up courses. Perhaps a course in Photoshop or something like that.
- Journal to reflect more. #journalminci will be a regular feature I suppose
- Cyber connections – it’s been a while since the times of GUBU. Perhaps next year would be more among the PAMmers?
- Believe in Allahs plans more. More Tawakkal on top of Effort.
- Take holidays and time off whenever possible. Every moment counts – plus you want to create great memories all the time.
“if you wish hard enough, your dream might just come true”
I have been struggling to complete a task lately. I have been asking for help but being ‘lumpy’ and ‘blur’ sometimes – it’s a bit of challenge trying to understand a new knowledge. So it’s a matter of re-reading stuff, discussing points with other people and loads of googling. I was on the verge of virtually dissipating into thin air plus the fact that I had another major thing going on does not help.
Anyway I was tested today. By God. yeh…..
If I succumb to the evil whispers, I will end my shift way early – reach home earlier and cook up a storm in the kitchen for dinner.
If I remain honest, I’d probably reach home late and eat bread for dinner and well.. I still chose the latter.
Remarkably, a solution appeared in front of my very eyes. The answer to my question! In the form of another trusted colleague showing me how and what things need to be done. That was better than my hours of mindless, disorientated reading and I am forever grateful. Alhamdulilah.
Did I still reach home late? Yes. It was I guess part of the deal. So no cooking for dinner (I dah penat) and my son today learnt how to eat sushi for the first time. He loved it!