This happened last weekend. Our first ever batch meeting regarding a reunion that will take place in Year 2020. The BACK TO SCHOOL 2020 programme.
When our Ms President for SK9600 called out for volunteers to be in the committee to help organize and run the show – I was a bit indecisive. First of all, I wasn’t so sure if people actually remember who I was. What my name was. And comparing myself to other batchmates – I am not really at the top of my game, if you know what I mean. In other words, my inferiority complex was kicking in. Thoughts like,
orang lain ada clothing line. orang lain dah jadi specialist. nak buat sub dah. orang lain dah publish buku. orang lain dah jadi celebrity kot. orang lain anak dia dah 4. bukan setakat 4, dah masuk darjah 4 dah. orang lain kerja kt France, kat US. orang lain serve in NGO. international plak tu..
I thought to myself – if these are the srikandi’s I knew back in school, I can just sell pau for a living or not make a million bucks or how and they wouldn’t probably mind at all. Because the ladies I knew, as were going through puberty and trials of being a teenager in SBP, which is batch SK9600 – Everyone Matters.
No one is too small. No one is dispensable. No one is not important. Everyone Matters. It may not look like that in school sometimes – but deep down in everyone’s hearts especially that now we are adults, yep, Everyone Matters. Everyone is worth something.
So I volunteered and turned up for the meeting. I was glad I did. The transformation physically and personality wise of all who came – was astonishing and WOW! I couldn’t help loving them more.
We divided ourselves into 3 different committees. I raised my hand to be in the Creative Group. I am not so sure if that is the right move but somehow I was very inclined to be part of it. Macam instinct gitu. Perhaps this was the path I needed to be in to get to where I want to be.
Hobonichi ambassador. LOL. I had my other vote of confidence from this video as well.
So the ball has started rolling. There is a lot to be done on top of our daily job and duties as a wife/mom. But it will be exciting and rewarding none the less. InsyaAllah.
I did a list of things to do. I accomplished less than half of it. I was having too much fun.
.. and this was what happened behind the scenes.
The layout of the pages in my HoboMinci is still experimental. I wanted it to be more like Amy Tangerine or Aina Kristina but I seemed to be quite frilly like Rainbowholic. Hahaha..
This is the 3rd Projek Mega (PM) we’ve had over a course of 5 years. That is since we bought this second hand house and settled in.
The 1st PM involved constructing a car porch which could fit 2 cars and installing an autogate as well. We had the front door of the house modified as well instead of using only the sliding door as the entrance. We put tiles at the backyard too as it was quite taxing to maintain the growing grass.
The 2nd PM – we added a so called en-suite room at the back of the house.
And finally this 3rd PM – perhaps the one with biggest budget of all involving 2 small contractors.
- removed old, musty surau-like carpets from all the rooms and replaced it with DiY ‘wooden’ floors
- changed the bathroom tiles and squatting toilets to sitting ones. fitted 2 bathtubs as well for that SPA-like experience
- build a new kitchen and dining area with better lighting and more kitchen cabinets. Mr husband says its supposed to ignite that cooking spirit in me. Furthermore, Ee doesn’t really like to eat outside anymore especially when its already dark. He prefers home delivery or Mom’s lousy cooking.
- replaced the grass with brick stones – with the hope the grass and weeds will not grow in between the bricks. Should we wish to grow a new tree, we’d just remove one of the bricks and make it a planting patch.
- beautified the porch and the front gate
- created a space for a reading nook
I wished I took more pictures for the Before and After effect but I was too swamped with work and of course, concentrating more on my pregnancy. As of now – we are only left with installing back our kitchen cabinet. And perhaps servicing our air conditioners in the house.
After that – it’s just cleaning the house from dust and all sorts of clutter as we welcome our little Syazmin into this world. Fingers crossed I’d get more done this weekend.
Another set of parcels outgoing for the girls in the Wanita Besi Eropah group. Ha ha ha.
- A pouch I bought from Sarawak – can be made into a pencil case or a makeup bag
- Elianto facial sheet mask
- Lactacyd feminine wipes
- Elianto eye glitter and lip balm
- Paper clip bookmarks
- KUPON CINTA edisi khas Minci
- Pencils for the kids
- Handmade Breast Cancer Awareness brooch and Organ Donation shawl pin
I wanted to include some special tea but I forgot. Ha ha. And I decorated every single envelope. He he..