The popular advice from almost all fitness enthusiasts including those who managed to shed many pounds of themselves would say that the secret to losing weight is;
80% food, 20% exercise
After giving birth to my youngest, I am back at square one in the mission of losing fat. Now with 2 kids with the potential to disrupt my eating regime, I need to generate more willpower and determination to make this work. Undeniably, as a working mom I do encounter several challenges in #misiBMI25Minci.
- I have to fight the urge of finishing my kids food. So it is either I prepare food ‘just enough’ for everybody or I force the kids to eat. Because honestly, most of the time their food is well portioned for them – they’re just being picky. Including the dad.
- Colleagues at work. The lunches outside is to me fine because then I can pick my food. At times, I do have to refuse certain food just so I wouldn’t tip over my calorie counter. This would usually lead to the unbearable questions along the lines of, “ ohhh? you’re on a diet? ” or “oh? are you doing the keto, the intermittent fasting” . I would say a Yes, I am on a diet and suddenly you’re not invited to lunch anymore. HA HA HA HA. I guess that is kind of calorie saving if you look it in the positive aspect.
- Having to balance your calorie intake with what the other family members are eating especially if you’re the one preparing the meal. It can be tedious having to make a few meals with different calorie requirements in each. So when it comes to this, it usually means me having to control my portion and supplement it with lots of vegetables.
- Reminding myself to drink enough water. So, to encourage myself I would bring water bottles of different sizes to work. Maybe a 500ml, 1litre etc. It is a bit of a hassle having to carry them to work but at least I feel accomplished.
- Making time for physical activity, exercise. I suppose this is a universal dilemma. I get fired up at work to do a workout once I am home. So far, I’ve only managed to do some swimming on the couch on my back. It is so exhausting on certain days. Hence until we get to burn the calories, we need to be selective in our calories intake.
- Having to give up instant coffee and hot chocolate. I have totally omitted Aik Cheong hot choc from my daily night time routine. I have yet to find a good substitute hence it is only water for now or green/camomile tea. I am also trying to ditch instant coffee. So far, I have managed to cut it down to only 3 x/week instead of having it every morning. I have also restrained myself from getting Avocado Dream from Juicee. I feel rugi taking liquid calories for now. Plus, it’s not the time to do cheat day yet. huhuhu.. I miss them a lot. Like a LOT!
My Upin Ipin fun run just got cancelled. I will need to find a new short term goal for this purpose. Maybe a night run. gosh.
The family is going for a holiday soon. I am anticipating some difficulties whilst we are there in terms of food choices and physical activity. At the same time, I also do not want to become that sucker who is not eating because she is on a diet. *roll eyes*. I have bought a ‘convenient pack’ of bottled water in preparation cause you know how hotels only give you like 2 mineral water bottles per day. I am thinking of packing some healthy snacks too, just in case. I am contemplating to bring my workout shoes. hmmm..
Any tips people?
On a side note, its a Palindrome Day today. 9102019-which of you read it in reverse, it will still be 9102019. I discovered that on FB.