I had too much People today

Working in a Primary Care setting demands a certain set of skills. Apart from having the best clinical acumen across a breadth of medical knowledge, you must be prepared to talk. A LOT.

Consultation is the word.

Patients take this for granted in Klinik Kesihatan because they just pay RM1 at the registration counter. Which explains why some people throw a fit when GP’s charge them a fee for consultation in cases where medicine is not prescribed . The public fail to realize that for every

“saya nak tanyalah doktor… ” 

the answer comes with a fee that is glaringly noticeable in a private setting.

Anyway, back to what I was saying – talking can be a chore. A burden. A pain. An energy draining job for people who have an INFJ personality. Today, for instance… I just had too many ‘people’. I was basically talking, counseling, taking a history and god knows what from 730AM to 4PM. I was just glad that I get to finish early because I don’t think I can talk for another hour or so.

To reward myself, I bought a handbag that I could bring for my short trips to Tesco or shopping mall without the kids. It’s a fresh breath of air as I do not have to carry a big bag which is almost always an equivalent to a diaper bag.

20190625_210322-011754150029019362628.jpeg

 

The bag is from Vincci and it costs me RM99. Gosh, mentioning the price reminds me #cikepal. I think people forget that as a full time lifestyle blogger – it’s part of her job description to Advertise, Show & Tell. Inevitably these characteristics tend to spill into their daily lives. Which I get it, can irk some netizens. But you cannot blame cikepal for that as she was wired, ‘trained’to blog for probably more than a decade. It is part of her intrinsic traits to share her experiences. Like every single detail. And trust me, it is not easy.

Like how I would try to look for reliable evidences before advocating Peppermint EO cures cancer (it doesn’t, I am just taking this as an example). It is because apart from calling myself a doTERRA advocate, I must first remember that I am a medical doctor. Kau mislead public with health related information using your doctor title, bersedialah kena tatatertib. Which can be suspension or termination. Its part of my trait to take testimonials as the lowest credible form of evidence to a claim.

Please do not get me wrong. I have no problems with advocates or sellers using testimonials to help convince their prospects/ buyers. It’s just that, because of my profession, I cannot lah duplicate their method 100%. I still want to keep my job. Although I hate the talking part. I feel that I have yet to find the field or terrain in medicine where this flower can bloom at its best.

I had actually wanted to vent this matter out as my status on Facebook but I realized that my agonizing little problem of forcible talking in my daily job is nothing compared to some of the things my friends went through today. A divorce, a case in court, and just a few hours ago.. a family members death. Sometimes you are just at lost of words of what to say, but I feel that if you speak of things from the  heart – the message will get there, to where its gotta be.

Which is why I am thankful for this space in the blogosphere. I can pour out my woes here who could be looking for a cyber friend to sulk with. I rarely journal about sad and stressful stuff in my HoboMinci as it is supposed to be perceived as a book where I highlight positive agendas of my day. Ha ha.

I think my People battery has been recharged to 75% having bought the bag, had an avocado juice, a pretzel, a slice of pizza, my kids kisses and hugs and stories of their days, a sniff from my doTERRA diffuser (its Sandalwood + Bergamot tonight) and of course blogging. As for the remaining 25%, I’ll just do some work to top it up.

Thank you Allah. Alhamdulilah. For all the blessings you have given me today.

3R : Read, Reflect, Respond

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s