I bought my dÕTERRA Home Essentials Kit and enrolled as a member under Madam Fera’s team. Such a lovely lady and very helpful with her advice. Enjoyed going through her materials in the watsapp group as well.
The kits costs me RM1249.00 (promo) which included the membership fee as well. I signed up as a member because I want to buy my oils at my own pace whenever I want to without having to go through the hassle of ordering it through someone and then followup with them, then pay them online thereafter. And maybe, just maybe later, if I really love the idea of thoroughly incorporating EO’s into my daily life – I might become an active Wellness Advocate. Until that time comes, I am just going to explore and enjoy it as it is and share whatever I love about it with my family first.
As a member, I can plan my purchases accordingly. Of course, there a few types of membership plans. But that is not the purpose of this post. Today, I am just going to elaborate my thoughts on the Home Essential Kit.
First of all, who on earth assembled this kit? Mat salleh kahhhhhhh.. Coz I think some of the selections are like.. uh.. ok… perhaps for the True Malaysian edition – they would consider replacing the Oregano with Lemongrass? Or Cinnamon? Aku nak tuang mana EO Oregano bebanyak ni. Actually, I did try putting a few drops in my spaghetti. It was gross. I think I put in too much because I got too excited. So first lesson learnt;
LESS IS MORE
Once I got my kit, I took all my oils out and labelled them. This is to make sure that I will use every single one of them. Not one is hidden. The kit comes with an introductory packet which is awesome. At least you know a few things about the founders of the company and their mission statement. doTERRA clearly mentioned that their oils are not drugs that heal medical illnesses. They are supportive measures. So if you have a treatable medical condition, please seek advice accordingly.
Mohon Hadam wahai pengguna2 yang overclaim. We do not want to dampen the efforts or tarnish the clean image made by the founders .
This kit has 10 oils + 1 bottle of fractionated coconut oil which can be used as an oil carrier/dilution for topical application + 1 petal diffuser. Kecik sebenarnya diffuser tu. Dlm gambar nampak besau. Tapi cutelah.
I was caught by surprise when the lavender and peppermint smelled so different to what I was used to. Now I know how an original lavender oil scent should be instead of the commercial, chemically fragranced ones in the market. The lemon smells real. And most comforting because of its familiarity. I will have to get used to the other natural scents of the earth soon.
Perhaps my tips before deciding on a purchase for the first time are;
- Try to join one of those Free Oiling Classes held from time to time. Just so you could try the oils first and see if you like them. Takdelah mcm aku, beli pastu terkejut semua bau macam pekat dan tengik. In the beginninglah.. later on.. you find that you would prefer the natural scents more. Furthermore, by joining these classes, it saves you time from having to research and study the benefits of them on your own. Plus, you make new friends.
- Do not be greedy. Perhaps you might want to try the Introductory Kit first. But if you really want everything – then go ahead.
jadilah tamak haloba macam I.
- Or if you are adventurous, go for the other available collections such as the AromaTouch Technique Kit and Essential Collection Kit. These kits cost less than RM1K.
- Read blogs and reviews. Watch Youtube videos on doTERRA. Or any other brands of your choice.
- Know what you are looking for. So that the advocates can assist you to find what you need.
On top of this kit, I have purchased additional oils through the LRP programme. I even have favourite oils and blends too nowadays. I will write about that later.