This is the 3rd Projek Mega (PM) we’ve had over a course of 5 years. That is since we bought this second hand house and settled in.
The 1st PM involved constructing a car porch which could fit 2 cars and installing an autogate as well. We had the front door of the house modified as well instead of using only the sliding door as the entrance. We put tiles at the backyard too as it was quite taxing to maintain the growing grass.
The 2nd PM – we added a so called en-suite room at the back of the house.
And finally this 3rd PM – perhaps the one with biggest budget of all involving 2 small contractors.
- removed old, musty surau-like carpets from all the rooms and replaced it with DiY ‘wooden’ floors
- changed the bathroom tiles and squatting toilets to sitting ones. fitted 2 bathtubs as well for that SPA-like experience
- build a new kitchen and dining area with better lighting and more kitchen cabinets. Mr husband says its supposed to ignite that cooking spirit in me. Furthermore, Ee doesn’t really like to eat outside anymore especially when its already dark. He prefers home delivery or Mom’s lousy cooking.
- replaced the grass with brick stones – with the hope the grass and weeds will not grow in between the bricks. Should we wish to grow a new tree, we’d just remove one of the bricks and make it a planting patch.
- beautified the porch and the front gate
- created a space for a reading nook
I wished I took more pictures for the Before and After effect but I was too swamped with work and of course, concentrating more on my pregnancy. As of now – we are only left with installing back our kitchen cabinet. And perhaps servicing our air conditioners in the house.
After that – it’s just cleaning the house from dust and all sorts of clutter as we welcome our little Syazmin into this world. Fingers crossed I’d get more done this weekend.