This relationship with Mr Husband is probably the longest romantic one I’ve had as compared to the other candidates. That’s why we call it marriage. It also means we can fart in each other’s faces like no ones business. This also means I get away with certain things and ideas just because I’m the wife.
I am not going to dispense any advice because usia perkahwinan baru 5thn jagung – I shall leave that to other marriage gurus. I also do not wish to praise my husband because well.. I am sure every other wife too thinks that their husband is the best, the most understanding, a great cook and such.
I learnt one great tip about keeping the marriage going though. And that is to always BEREBUT-REBUT. Berebut to bathe Ee, berebut to bring the rubbish out (lol..seronoklah sangat..), berebut to prepare breakfast, berebut to do the laundry (this I would pretend), berebut to be the best in what we do and try to outperform each other when it comes to work and of course berebut to nourish the other half with love and respect. So far the extreme enthusiasm to berebut is not 100% but hey, the idea is there. Tee heee heee..
Enough with berebut, I too want to narrate my hopes for the coming year of our marriage.
- Let’s do another House Mega Project. After all our home is our Jannah. It keeps our friendship alive, we are spending our hard earned money for a good cause and of course it brings out the best in you – your so called interior designing skills.
- When you have your semester break, maybe we can travel the world again. I don’t need London. Lombok pun boleh.
- Continue to be Redha with my current job description as an ED and Anaes Medical Officer. I understand at times I am sloppy when it comes to housekeeping and home cooked meals (not that you request for a full course meal anyway), or I am late with the laundry and spend my weekends in the hospital because I am oncall. InsyaAllah I will find a way out of this plateau life – in fact if there is a recognized external exam for Anaesthesia I will study and sit for it.
- Let me indulge in my hobbies – it seems that this time around it is revolving around planners, journals, scrapbooking and such. It will distract me from buying new tudung. Hihi.
- Ever consider trying for ‘adik Ee’?
Finally, be my best friend forever. Like ever and ever. Lets grow old together – probably making mistakes too along the way but still be able to laugh about them. cheers to being a team for the past 5 years – sometimes I can’t help being proud of myself for being able to spend my dreams and life with you.
And putting up with your sarcasm.