The above picture is an illustration of how much we enjoy our food.
Do look for;
- Laksa – rice based noodles served in fish based sauce. Honorable mentions include Laksa Kaw Ikan Sekoq (Airport) & Laksa Power Rosabina (in front of Padang Matsirat School) near the night market.
- Pasembor – a Malaysian salad consisting of cucumber (shredded), potatoes, beancurd, turnip, bean sprouts, prawn fritters, spicy fried crab, fried octopus or other seafood and served with a sweet and spicy nut sauce. The dish is priced according to the bits of food you combine to make your salad.
- Rojak Buah – another form of Malaysian salad only now consists of fruits mainly pineapple and fritters. This is then drizzled with a sweet sour prawn based sauce topped with crunched peanuts.
- Cendol – a traditional sweet dessert
- Pek Nga – coconut pancake fried in butter. We loved the ones by Warung Mat Su – also near the Padang Matsirat school. Its a stall mind you.
… and you can never go wrong with seafood especially when you’ve tasted Ikan Tiga Rasa (fish with 3 flavours) and Sup Tulang (literally bone soup with little chunks of meat usually beef). Even Thai food is easily available here in Langkawi as you taste the authentic Tomyam or Mango Rice.
All in all, it was a ‘light and easy’ trip and we enjoyed it to the max.