It took me the entire weekend to construct my very own Care Package for one of my besties who is due to give birth soon. Previously, I have been sending my other besties gifts from Diaper Cake & Such. This time I wanted to give this gift my special touch. So I decided to make my very own Care Package. Another Projek Parcel Kasih Sayang from MinciSensei.Com.
Things that I took in consideration included;
- Things that I would personally be grateful for if say, I were to give birth to my second child. LOL.
This dear friend of mine currently resides in Kuching. I had known her when I was a houseman in my first posting in the obstetric department. We were many characters apart. she was boisterous, loud and confident with her short hair. I was the quiet,
cute, ant-y type with a tudung. Amazingly, our unlikely friendship kicked off and by time we got to MO-Ship.. we actually went to Bali together for a short trip and did reckless, silly, sinful, undocumented things. Perghhh..
Inevitably, we began to drop out from each others radar for a while after I got married and moved to Malacca. I did not even know she got married after that!!! Speaking of being friends… H aha. Anyway, social media brought us together and soon enough I hear news of a ‘rockstar’ due to pop out.
In the package, I have included more of the Mom’s Things as opposed to baby stuff. In welcoming a new member of the family, people tend to remember the New and less of the existing member. Thus, I kind of paid more attention to what the mother might need.
In the box we have;
- Reading Materials : I gave her my own recent copy of the Readers Digest and a book entitled Bringing Up Bebe for her reading pleasure is she needs it. The book was supposed to be a good book illustrating how French Women raised their children to be civil, well behaved little humans. I did not get past the 2nd chapter of the book as i felt the font was too crampy.
- Personal hygiene stuff for herself and baby ; Cotton buds, wipes, masks (special edition Oppa Gangnam Style), magic towels, cleanser samples and nail clippers from Cambodia.
- Accessories : Being a mother does not downgrade any woman to being ugly fugly. I included a mini fan to kipas herself during those hot heated moments of confinement.
- Stationaries in a pencil case : Not that she really needs it but Confinement tends to unleash the shopaholic in you especially ONLINE shopping – she would need some pen and paper to jot things down.
- Food and beverages : Cause you never know when you’ll become hungry in the middle of the night and the only thing you can have is water. LOL.
- For Baby : a birthday card and a comfy blanket so he’ll remember his Aunty Keciko in Malacca. Kiss kiss.
I hope she likes it. Now I just have to remember to ship it.