“You feel fine, and then, when your body can’t keep fighting, you don’t.”
― Nicholas Sparks, A Walk to Remember
I have been experiencing a moment of being burnt out lately. I am tired of my job. I am tired of being second best to the dad, Mr Husband.
Quitting my day job is not an option. And I don’t have a night job to go to. Which is a blessing to most people as some have to do up to 3 jobs to earn a living. Oh wait, I do have a night job but well.. I don’t get paid that much to be oncall. The admin people wouldn’t give a damn if I decide to quit. There are after all lots of other fishes in the sea that could fill in my position as a Medical Officer. I am after all just that. A common,chronic MO.
Either way I must pull myself together as tomorrow is a new day. A new page of my autobiography. LOL. Here is one can do to get through the day.
- Eat well in a company of people – Eat proper food. Have breakfast with the husband eventhough you despise him cause your child loves him more at the moment. Surrounding yourself with people tends to remind you that others may have problems bigger than your own. On top of discouraging suicidal or depressing thoughts.
- Talk to somebody – it doesn’t have to be about the cause of burnout per se. You just need an outlet to burn out that negative energy.
- Go crazy. Safe crazy – Get that haircut. Or click on that dress you’ve always wanted on Zalora.
- Find a distraction – Work on that long abandoned novel. The halfway knitted scarf. conjure magic in the kitchen and bake that 3 tier cake from scratch.
- Or just relax – Slap on a face mask. Sit yourself on the massage chair. Light up the aromatherapy candles. (this is the time to use it) and listen to meditation music.
As a bonus. Do not forget to pray to Allah and hope that this difficult phase would pass. Quick.